University of Glasgow
Responsible and accountable for the day to day delivery of all Receivable related tasks ensuring income & refunds processing in a timely manner, across all income streams.
To maintain a strong financial control environment, ensuring the accuracy of the University’s financial records and to maintain data integrity, whilst achieving service excellence through a strong customer focussed ethos.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure the delivery of high-quality input with a strong focus on controls through ensuring accuracy of data input and capture into the Financial Systems. This includes but is not limited to:
• Responsible for the accuracy of books and records through timely allocation of income receipts, refunds processing and billing within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Accountable for the operational relationship with SAAS and ensuring the financial accuracy of SAAS Supported Student records and cash allocation
• Responsible for the effective management of the Sponsored Student process
• Responsible for the daily management and reconciliation of all unallocated cash ensuring all receipts are allocated within agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Responsible for the daily management of the Team mailbox, ensuring effective delivery against SLA’s
• Ensure delivery of all processes within SLAs and escalate to Supervisor where deliverables have not or are unlikely to be met to ensure this can be communicated to departments this is likely to impact
• Accountable for managing tasks assigned on a monthly basis 9. Build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external customers relating to the Receivables process to ensure ongoing delivery of service
2. Month End Processes & Controls:
• Support the Accounts Receivable supervisor to ensure Month End processes are delivered
• Support the month end Bank and Balance Sheet reconciliation process, including resolution of reconciling items in a timely manner
3. Refund Process:
• BACS and Card refunds
• Overseas Refunds
4. Continuous Process Improvement and Business Efficiencies:
• Challenge the status quo associated with current processes and work with management to identify opportunities for process improvement and/or improved control
• Support management in the delivery of analysis to support recommendations to reduce / mitigate risk
5. Ad hoc project work:
• Support the Accounts Receivable Supervisor on any Projects
• Contribute to project work that will drive forward strategic benefits for the University and use financial data to validate proposals
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
A1 Ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar finance, admin or processing role. Or, Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 5 or 6 (Advanced Higher / Scottish Vocational Qualification level 2 or 3, Higher National Certificate) or equivalent, and experience of personal development in a similar role.
B1 Knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
B2 Knowledge of University Policies and Procedures.
B3 Knowledge of University Accounts Receivable Procedures.
C1 Strong organisational, time management and prioritising skills, with the ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work unsupervised and within tight deadlines.
C2 Ability to challenge the status quo to support the drive around process improvement.
C3 Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to challenge assumptions and practices with diplomacy, as well as having a customer centric approach processes.
C4 Proven understanding of control.
C5 High level of attention to detail.
C6 Ability to interrogate and analyse large volumes of data.
C7 Ability to use own initiative and work pro-actively with minimal supervision.
C8 Excellent Team Player.
C9 Flexible in approach, with the ability to react in a constantly changing and learning environment.
E1 Recent relevant experience working in a finance, administrative or processing environment with qualifications or, without relevant qualifications but with evidence of progression and development gained through experience.
E2 Extensive experience in using MS Office, minimum of Intermediate level within Excel.
F1 Experience of using computerised finance systems.
F2 Experience in the use of Agresso Financials.
Terms and Conditions
Salary will be Grade 4, £22,197 – £24,715 per annum.
This post is full time (35 hours per week) and open ended.
As part of Team UofG you will be a member of a world changing, inclusive community, which values ambition, excellence, integrity and curiosity.
As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
1 A warm welcoming and engaging organisational culture, where your talents are developed and nurtured, and success is celebrated and shared.
2 An excellent employment package with generous terms and conditions including 41 days of leave for full time staff, pension – pensions handbook https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/payandpensions/pensions/, benefits and discount packages.
3 A flexible approach to working.
4 A commitment to support your health and wellbeing, including a free 6-month UofG Sport membership for all new staff joining the University https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/staff/healthwellbeing/.
We believe that we can only reach our full potential through the talents of all. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our values. Applications are particularly welcome from across our communities and in particular people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community, and other protected characteristics who are under-represented within the University. Read more on how the University promotes and embeds all aspects of equality and diversity within our community https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/.
We endorse the principles of Athena Swan https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/athenaswan/ and hold bronze, silver and gold awards across the University.
We are investing in our organisation, and we will invest in you too. Please visit our website https://www.gla.ac.uk/explore/jobs/ for more information.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsnear.org) you saw this job posting.