Reports to: Cultivation Supervisor and Facility Manager
The cultivation Technician Plays a critical role in the company’s success by delivering exceptional product outcomes for our customers. A day in the life of a cultivation technician is dynamic set responsibilities surrounding plant and product care. Experience is a plus but not needed as training is provided. A passion for cannabis is always a plus!
Pay $18.50+ Benefits,401k, life insurance. Great employee perks!
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- Performing plant propagation, transplanting, and crop rotation practices
- Performing daily tasks such as watering, pruning, defoliating, and trellising plants
- Scouting the garden for signs of plant pathogens and insect pest pressures
- Cleaning work areas and maintaining tools in accordance with sanitation standards.
- Washing pots/trays/plant tables, irrigation lines, etc.
- Preparing large batches of fertilizer stock tank solutions
- Creating plant barcode labels and moving inventory through computer software
- Monitoring and recording data such as soil moisture content, Ph, EC, as well as temperature and humidity levels
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- 1-3 years of experience in a related position with an emphasis in an operations production/manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of medical cannabis and cannabis-infused product production from seed to sell. Alternatively, a background in horticulture and a willingness to learn.
- Experience with inventory control methods.
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships to gain support and achieve results both internally and externally.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and have good time management skills
- MED Badge
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Additional Abilities Required:
- The job requires physical activity, including prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, lifting, or moving up to 25 pounds (or more with assistance from a coworker). Good visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and ability to perform repetitive motions with accuracy is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Working conditions also include varying range of temperature and humidity levels.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.
About Columbia Care
Columbia Care is one of the largest and most experienced cultivators, manufacturers and providers of cannabis products and related services, with licenses in 18 U.S. jurisdictions and the EU. Columbia Care operates 130 facilities including 99 dispensaries and 31 cultivation and manufacturing facilities, including those under development. Columbia Care is one of the original providers of medical cannabis in the U.S. and now delivers industry-leading products and services to both the medical and adult-use markets. In 2021, the company launched Cannabist, its new retail brand, creating a national dispensary network that leverages proprietary technology platforms. The company offers products spanning flower, edibles, oils, and tablets, and manufactures popular brands including Seed & Strain, Triple Seven, gLeaf, Classix, Plant Sugar, Press, Amber and Platinum Label CBD. For more information on Columbia Care, please visit www.col-care.com.
Recognized for its comprehensive benefits, ongoing training opportunities and commitment to diversity, equity inclusion both internally and with external vendors, Columbia Care has earned a spot on mg Magazine’s America’s Top Cannabis Industry Employers list.
As a condition of employment, all Columbia Care employees are required to submit to a background check. Employment decisions, in compliance with state law, are based on an employee’s background report at the time of hire.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsnear.org) you saw this job posting.