Regional, could be out up to two nights per week – Excellent Benefits; call 618-844-7456
Imagine yourself in the driver’s seat at The Maschhoffs in a career that opens the door for you to drive the latest models equipped with the safest technology. We are #essentialworkers offering consistent, year round work! We’re looking for livestock drivers to join our team near Grand Island, NE!
We pride ourselves in being a family oriented, safety conscious company. Enjoy a life at home with the local and regional routes we offer. On top of that, our drivers are paid by the hour with Overtime available!
A career at The Maschhoffs is packed with benefits:
- Average annual salary $67,500
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Competitive hourly pay
- Local positions to fill, home every day!
- Safe and well maintained equipment
- Automatic transmission, equipment average age 1.4 years
- 401k plan with Maschhoffs matching 100% of employee contribution up to 4%
- Accrued Paid Time Off of 8 hours per month for a total of 12 days per year!
- Quarterly safety and fuel bonus programs
- Earn extra money through our referral program
- Paid orientation/animal care training; no livestock experience, no problem!
- Holiday Pay
- Excellent Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision) including:
- Paid life insurance policy
- Paid short and long term disability policy
A driving career with The Maschhoffs guarantees you can be home on average five nights per week, with occasional overnight trips. We also offer competitive hourly pay, full health and medical benefits, a 401k match program and an employee referral bonus, among a host of other benefits.
What does the job entail? You’d be responsible for picking up and delivering pigs, including loading and unloading, in a safe and efficient manner—adhering to all FMSCA regulations and Transport Quality Assurance standards along the way. You’d also be responsible for inspecting tractors/trailers before and after each trip, verifying for mechanical safety and emergency equipment is in working order.
The right person for this job will be at least 21 years of age with a safe driving record. You would need to have a valid Class A CDL with at least one year of tractor-trailer experience under your belt and a medical examiner certification card.
Including the responsibilities outlined above, the right person will have the ability to:
- Lift 75 pounds
- Read, write and speak English effectively
- Work various shifts and days of the week
- Sit upright for an extended period of time
- Hear and differentiate sounds
- Review and understand maps and special instructions
- Work in wet, damp or dry areas and/or those requiring exposure to varying temperatures
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping
Join our team and experience all that a family-first culture has to offer! We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid orientation
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Referral program
- Safety equipment provided
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Quarterly bonus
- Safety bonus
Trucking driver type:
- Company driver
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsnear.org) you saw this job posting.