- Join the ever-growing cannabis industry!
- Short-term project
Our client is seeking experienced Harvest Technicians to assist with the trimming of post-harvest cannabis plants.
Harvest Technician (Wet & Dry)
The ideal candidate is very experienced with processing cannabis flowers and is able to trim a large volume per day while maintaining a high-quality standard of work. The Harvest Technician is expected to maintain trichome integrity, refrain from touching the flowers, and avoid cutting into or ‘shaping’ the flowers. The Harvest Technician will be reporting to the Harvest Manager and Harvest Supervisor for all daily tasks.
- Harvesting whole plants for processing with care – following the SOP to maintain trichome integrity.
- Transporting harvested plants to dry rooms.
- Tag/weight plants and log results for METRC adherence.
- Carefully hang plants above the trim tables.
- Trim cannabis without touching or cutting into the flowers.
- Switch between trimming techniques based on planned extraction method/plant cultivar.
- Separate green waste from the desired flower.
- Following strict biosecurity protocols, and maintaining the sanitation of tools and persons.
- Scouting for and reporting any pests or pathogens (powdery mildew, botrytis).
- Processing Technicians will be required to learn how to trim flowers specific to unique cultivars, and how to identify a variety of pests/pathogens. This is a labor-intensive task that requires a sense of urgency while maintaining quality – expectations are 1.5-2lbs/day of finished flower processed depending on cultivar.
- Any other task assigned by the Harvest Manager or Harvest Supervisor
- For extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking through the workday.
- Must be able to exert well-paced mobility and perform repetitive tasks for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced production environment while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Be able to wear necessary PPE and adhere to proper safety and sanitation protocols.
Vangst is the cannabis industry’s hiring platform. Vangst helps cannabis companies find the talent they need to grow their business. From on-demand gig workers to trained & credential full-time employees, Vangst has built the industry’s go-to talent marketplace for all cannabis hiring. Vangst is proud to work with 1,200+ of the cannabis industry’s leading businesses.
Since raising their seed round in 2018, Vangst has become one of the fastest-growing companies in the cannabis industry and was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Today, over 300,000 people have full-time jobs in the cannabis industry and this number is expected to triple over the next five years. Vangst is on a mission to fill every job in the cannabis industry.
Vangst’s headquarters is in Denver, CO. Vangst is a Series B company backed by Lerer Hippeau, Colle Capital, Level One Fund, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, and others.
Vangst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsnear.org) you saw this job posting.